It’s that time of year again. Voting is open for the Georgia Straight’s 2009 Best of Vancouver Awards.
Whether you live in the Lower Mainland or somewhere else in the world, you have until July 29 to have your say about the best of the city in a comprehensive range of categories. From Best Kept Vancouver Secret to Best Dating Service Company, we want to hear from you about your most cherished Vancouver people, secrets, and landmarks.
This year’s ballot features 249 questions. Dozens of questions in a variety of categories will help to create a portrait of Vancouver, circa 2009. Best Place to Speak Your Mind, Best Local Hero, Vancouver’s Claim to Fame, Best Store for Spotting the Next Trendâ€”it all adds up to the Best of Vancouver.
Here at Kitsilano.ca we don’t what to tell you how to vote but this should help you make some decisions:
- Best Brunch: Lorraine likes Brunch a la Galerie
- Best Coffee Shop (independent): Arbutus Coffee gets the local vote.
- Best Butcher: Jackson’s Meats could beat Market Meats without even opening its doors.
- Best Produce/Grocery Store: Apple Farm Market hands down.
- Best New Restaurant: Angie likes Maenam.
- Best Wine Store: Broadway Wine Shop beats Kits Wine Cellar by followers.
- Best Kid-friendly Restaurant: Rocky Mountain Flatbread far and away
- Best Realtor: Gotta be Larry!
- Best Music Store (independant): Zulu is the incumbent.
- Best Neighbourhood: I’ll let you answer this one on your own.
Throw your other suggestions in the comments below and check back on September 24th to see our Kitsilano fared when the official results are published.
Last modified: November 4, 2013