A nutritious twist on a holiday classic, this Crunchy Nut Free Dark Chocolate Holiday Bark is the perfect indulgence for reigning in a new year!
Hemp hearts, chia, and pumpkin seeds bring essential fatty acids and fiber to your chocolate base, adding substance and texture. Dried fruit and crystalized ginger complement the deep flavor of chocolate with tartness and spice that your palate will thank you for.
Enjoy with loved ones or for a solo treat during this holiday season!
- 1 x 225 g bag Camino Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup Chia seeds
- 1/3 cup Hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup Tart cherries (or dried fruit of choice)
- 1/3 cup Dried crystalized ginger
- ¼ cup Large flake shredded coconut (optional)
- Sea Salt (optional)
- Microwave chocolate for 1-1.5 minutes in a medium sized microwave safe bowl, stopping at 30 second intervals to stir and ensure the chocolate isn’t burning.
- Remove from microwave and add chia, hemp and pumpkin seeds. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Chop tart cherries and crystalized ginger in to small pieces (roughly fourths or smaller).Stir in half of the cherries and ginger.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture on to parchment paper. Spread evenly so mixture is about 1 cm thick. Top with remaining cherries and ginger. Optional, top with coconut and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Remove from fridge and break into roughly 3 cm by 3 cm squares.
Rachelle is a Registered Dietitian temporarily licensed with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia. She graduated from UBC Vancouver with a Bachelor’s of Food Nutrition and Health degree majoring in Dietetics. Rachelle is passionate about plant-based nutrition, sport nutrition and gut health. She is inspired by motivating others to find balance, create a deeper understanding about nutrition, and optimize gut health by minimizing bloating and digestive stress. Rachelle’s hobbies include going to the gym, personal training, and creating fun and innovative plant-based recipes.
Last modified: December 22, 2021