KitsFest, the sports festival dedicated to healthy living, is back at Kitsilano Beach today through Sunday. The event’s goal is to build stronger community and give back to the community through legacies such as park facility upgrades. They’re the folks who fixed the basketball courts, resurfaced the tennis courts and added palm trees to Kits Beach.
If you’re feeling very been there done that about heading down to see the KitsFest basketball and volleyball matches, 2014 has more to offer.
After a four-year absence, the annual beach sport festival will again host men’s and women’s doubles tournament on the public hard-courts at Kitsilano Beach Park. Sixty-four players will compete August 9 and 10.
Check out the full list of KitsFest happenings after the jump.
KitsFest 2014 Events
- A free sunset yoga session, sponsored by Lululemon, at 8 p.m. Aug. 8
- A free Zumba class at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 9.
- Basketball tournament for men, boys and girls, beginning each day from 9 a.m. The finals are set for Sunday: the men’s at 4:35 p.m.; the boys at 3:30 p.m.; and the girls at 2:25 p.m.
- Beach volleyball tournament for co-ed fours, sixes and doubles. The four-on-four tournament runs 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The six-on-six action runs 1:30 to 6 p.m. Saturday only.
- free screening of the documentary film “Nash” – all about Canada’s celebrated athelete, Steve Nash. The premiere takes place at the north end of Kits Beach Saturday, August 9 at 7pm.
- Beach volleyball tournament for mixed doubles runs Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more details, visit Kitsfest.com.
Last modified: August 8, 2014