I remember wearing some terrible outfits to family get-togethers when I was a kid; flashbacks of sporting puffy-sleeved velvet gowns as a teenager still haunt my dreams.
Luckily for today’s fashion conscious kids, tweens and teenagers, there are some fabulous stores in and around Kitsilano where you can pick up high quality and original clothes for special occasions.
1. Girlz Rock Boutique, sells funky dresses and cool accessories for tween girls ages 7-16. The wide variety of styles, shapes and sizes mean you’re bound to find the perfect outfit to make you both happy.
Girlz Rock, 2652 Arbutus Street, 604-742-1335
2. Petit Paris, a new fashion label started by two Kitsilano mothers, makes classic French design clothes for babies and toddlers that are so chic you’ll wish they had them in your size. The beautiful pieces, made in Vancouver from imported linen and cotton, are on sale through their website and at Giving Gifts and Company, 4570 Main Street. The boy’s collection is really special and perfect for formal occasions.
3. Sparkle and Junebug, sells stunning dresses and accessories that are all frills and glitter for girls ages baby-12. It will be hard to pick just one party dress from their collection of local and international designer clothes.
Sparkle and Junebug, 3073 West Broadway, 604-428-7759
4. Zara Kids, is a great store if you’re on the hunt for boy’s formal wear. They have stylish linen suits and chino and blazer combinations which would be perfect for a summer wedding and that are cool enough your son might wear them again.
Zara Kids, 1056 Robson Street, 604-677-8489
5. Isola Bella in Kerrisdale, imports an exclusive collection of designer clothes for girls and boys. They have lots of lovely pieces from Maan, Stella McCartney, Bonpoint and Junior Gaultier which would be fabulous for a special day.
Isola Bella, 5692 Yew Street, 604-266-8808
Last modified: April 11, 2017