You know that distant patch of fir, cedar and hemlock trees visible across English Bay when you’re chilling at Kits beach? Yes, we’re talking about the 400-hectare, old growth rainforest known as Stanley Park. Well it just won best park in the world by TripAdvisor users on their annual Top 25 Parks of the World list.
Stanley Park, the biggest park in Vancouver and the third-biggest park in North America, beat out Luxembourg Gardens in gay old Paris and the super-groomed Retiro Park in Madrid. We’re guessing it had something to do with the rugged-meets-pretty attitude exemplified by many kilometers of hiking trails, historic landmarks and stunning waterfront views. Of course the aquarium, mini train, water park and wildlife watching surely didn’t hurt either. Stanley Park attracts about 8 million visitors every year.
Maybe you can teach old growth forest new tricks. Like how to rock viral top 10 lists.
Want to live closer to Stanley Park and its offerings? Browse apartments and offices for rent with a Stanley Park view.
Top 10 Parks in the World:
1. Stanley Park, Vancouver, Canada
2. Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
3. Central Park, New York City, USA
4. Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois, USA
5. High Line, New York City, USA
6. Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth, Australia
7. Guell Park, Barcelona, Spain
8. Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo, Brazil
9. Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain
10. Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France
Last modified: June 18, 2014