“Tribute to Canadian Bacon” menu now available at Edible BC’s summer take out window
WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN KITS
1) Get involved in the “Save the Kitsilano Coast Guard Base” movement.
Ottawa plans to close the busiest Coast Guard Station in Canada, which saved 9 people last weekend alone. Community action is called for. Here’s how to have your say.
2) Check out the recently opened summer take out windows featuring bacon, bacon and burgers.
Granville Island’s Edible BC has just launched an all-bacon menu at their “A Canadian Tribute to Bacon at the Take Out Window” open daily 11am to 7pm. Nimby Burger is also open for summer 2012, slinging burgers, fries and real ice cream milk shakes.
3) Pick up some rhubarb at the Kitsilano Farmers’ Market Sunday.
And try out Janelle’s recipe for stewed rhubarb compote – a perfect topping for pound cakes, ice cream and waffles.
4) Go for a nice, long, beach front walk/jog, or fair weather bike ride after consuming all of the above.
The Save the Coast Guard plywood boards should be on your route. Bring a marker.
5) Take community gardening to the next, neighbourly level.
Even if you don’t have a plot in one of the shared spaces in Kits, our Women with Trowel gardening blogger shows just how much community gardening is possible with plant sharing among neighbours.
Last modified: May 24, 2012