Retail on West 4th is hopping. We’ve lost some old haunts (Ardea Books) and gained two new pop up shops. Here’s our list of openings, events and sales to hold you through the weekend.
1) Meet eco fashion designer Nicole Bridger, who will be in her newly-opened boutique today, Thursday. Nicole is all about our â€˜hood. She told the Straight that her customer is “the quintessential Kits chick, who loves coffee from 49th Parallel, shoes from Gravity Pope, produce from Whole Foods.” Nicole Bridger, 2151 W4th Ave.
2) Stop by the Summer Sale going on now until Monday at Roots. There’s 50% off clothing (the women’s capri sweatpants, once $50, are now $25!) and 20% off the bright leather bags in orange, red and pink. Roots, 2091 W4th Ave.
3) Visit the just-opened pop up The Latest Scoop located in the space left by Ardea Books. They’ll be there for next three months selling clothing from Ark & Co. and Anthropologie, handbags from Big Buddha and more. The Latest Scoop, 2025 West 4th Ave.
4) Shop for Father’s Day at another pop up shop, Peak Golf, a North-Van-based company, which temporarily occupies Sigge’s space. These super friendly golf experts will remain on our block through August 31. Peak Golf, 2077 West 4th Ave.
5) Hit up beauty emporium Beauty Bar for “buy one get one free” on make up bags and cosmetics from DuWop—the line best known for its plumping Lip Venom, which has a substantial celeb following. Beauty Bar, 2142 West 4th Ave.
6) Don’t forget JNBY, Gravity Pope’s hipster neighbours, who have $25 to $50 off items from their S/S 2011 collection for a very limited time. JNBY, 2201 West 4th Ave.
Last modified: June 9, 2011