There are a few things I really love about fall in Vancouver. I get to pull my hunter willies out of storage, the season change makes for a beautiful backdrop for the city, and fall is the official start of long, drawn out brunches. Nothing better on a rainy Sunday than a weekend paper of your choice – I’m a Globe and Mail type of girl – and good eggs. There’s no shortage of brunch spots in kits, but here are some of my top picks:
1. Abigail’s Party – Great daily specials and some of the best eggs I’ve tasted hands down. Warning though – if you indulge in the baked apple french toast you will have to fit in 2 workouts that day.
2. Zen Cafe – If you love benny’s this place is for you. An endless selection of eggs Benedict, and very decent hashbrowns.
3. The Regal Beagle – $3.99 breakfast and no one looks at you the wrong way if you have 2 or 3 drinks with your breakfast.
4. Joe’s Grill – Sorry Sophie’s, I’ve never understood what warrants your weekly line-ups. Two doors down is one of the best greasy spoon breakfast spots in town. Check it out. No one needs to wait an hour for breakfast!
5. Epicurean Caffe Bistro – Great coffee and a very zen atmosphere. Small space though, so you may be waiting a while. Has a full breakfast menu as well as some great pastries.
Did I miss your favourite breakfast spot? Let me know with your comments!
Last modified: October 20, 2009