Granville Island will be hosting their fourth annual Winterruption, a uniquely Vancouver winter festival, this weekend (Thursday Feb. 19 to Sunday Feb. 22).
While most of the country is snowed under at this time of year, winter in Vancouver is a distinctive yet unpredictable mix. Whatever the weather, you can expect a fabulous festival on Granville Island. We will interrupt your winter with international live music acts, street theatre in parking garages, puppets in the Picnic Pavilion and aerial dance under the bridge! At this multifaceted arts and culture festival, discover Granville Island’s distinct creative community and much, much more!
There are way too many activities and performances to all mention here, but some of the highlights include:
- A Chef’s Introduction to the Public Market Tour (Thu-Sun, 9am, 11am, and 1pm – free)
- Spoken World – see Rob’s post for more details
- Winter Carnival (Sun 10:30am-noon, $3p.p.)
- Artisan Walking Tours (Fri-Sun, 11:30am, 1pm, and 3pm, free)
- Kids Instrument Making Workshop (Sat & Sun, 10:30am-4:30pm, free)
- Arts Umbrella Celebrates 30 Years! – Open House Sat & Sun 10am-5pm, Performance Sun 3:30pm (free)
- Spark, fire and aerial performance (Fri & Sat, 6pm & 7:30pm, free)
For more details on these events, as well as the tons of other activities and performances, check this PDF schedule.
We now return to our regular programming.
Last modified: February 18, 2009