While walking my dog the other day, I came across a poster for a rather interesting sounding event… here are the details:
GLOBAL WARMING CAFÃ‰: conversations that lead to tangible action
Do you know that a typical North American household generates 55,000 pounds of CO2 annuallyâ€¦compared to 27,000 pounds in Germany and a mere 15,000 pounds in Sweden. There are many ways that we can lower our “carbon footprint.” And guess what? It’s easier when we all do it together.
We invite you, your friends and neighbours to join us for an exciting Global Warming CafÃ©. You will interact with a broad cross-section of people to exchange views and build ideas. You will learn about The Low Carbon Diet and get the help you need to do one or more of the following:
- Lower your carbon footprint.
- Help others lower their footprint.
- Participate in or start a Cool Community Campaign.
- Lead a Global Warming CafÃ©.
- Contribute some of your energy to changing the world.
- Support legislative action and political candidates on climate change.
- Tap into your own creativity.
Saturday May 26th from 2-4:30 pm at the Kits Community Centre (2690 Larch Street). For more information or to register contact Kathryn at 778-329-7459 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: May 7, 2007