At times like this it is more important than ever to support local businesses so that they can survive the economic downturn and come out the other side.
We received a number of emails from our Kitsilano-based readers that would like to support local businesses in the midst of this pandemic but don’t know where to start.
So, we’re compiling a list. If you have suggestions, please leave them in the comments and we will incorporate into the main list as we see them.
- 49th Parallel Roasters – Purchase your coffee beans online and have them delivered to your home.
- Be Fresh Market – Part of SPUD.ca, which offers local and organic produce, so customers can also order groceries for delivery or for pickup.
- Body Energy Club – West 4th and West Broadway stores open with modified hours for smoothie and meal take out and vitamins and supplements.
- Chewie’s Biscuit Co. – Open for delivery on Uber Eats with $0 delivery.
- Choices Markets – West 16th location offering preferred shopping for the first hour of the day to customers who need assistance or extra consideration including seniors.
- Kidsbooks – Their West Broadway store is closed but you can order online and choose no-contact pick-up.
- Kitsilano Liquor Store – Order online through SKIP the Dishes, Uber Eats, or Foodora for home delivery.
- Lucky’s Doughnuts – Don’t risk being un-Lucky, order any variety online with next day pick up.
- Maenam – Dining room is closed but their kitchen will remain open from 5pm-9pm each day to offer takeout, and delivery via Skip The Dishes.
- Mak N Ming – They have gotten creative with a daily Bento Box ordering system.
- Nook – Take away is available and they are also developing a line of take-out items like their pasta sauce.
- Nusa Coffee – Nusa Coffee is open for take out and online order.
- Pallet Coffee Roasters – Purchase your coffee beans online and have them delivered to your home.
- Shoppers Drug Mart – West 4th and West Broadway locations are dedicating the first opening hour of shopping, with a 20% discount, to seniors and others who need assistance.
- Terra Breads – West 4th café seating closed and they’re focused on takeout and delivery service only. Call to place a pick-up order or use Skip the Dishes or UberEats.
- The Cat and Dog Shop – Order over the phone and they will deliver to your house and leave outside for you.
- The Ellis – In addition to their regular takeout menu they have $7 ‘Staff’ Meals that can be stored for future use.
- The Pie Hole – They’re offering curbside delivery of all their pies and you can save 10% off all orders with code WEB10.
- Tractor Foods – Tractor serves a range of healthy, fresh and unique salads, soups, sandwiches, and stews that you can order online and pick up in person.
- TuRF – Pre-order meals for pick-up through their website.
- Vancouver Running Co – Take advantage of reduced shipping rates and new free options with orders shipping daily. For a limited time purchase any pair of shoes and get a free pair of Stance socks.
- Viva Fine Foods and Bakery – Located on Yew off Cornwall, Viva is open for takeout with coffee, lattes, muffins, pastries and sandwiches.
This list is growing so be sure to add your favorite local business to the comments below and check back often.
Last modified: March 25, 2020