Metro Vancouver water restrictions came into effect this month with new residential limits on lawn watering.
Since May 1 Metro Vancouver is implementing Stage 1 of its Water Shortage Response Plan. It is expected to last until October 15.
As part of Stage 1 of the water restrictions, residents are only allowed to water the lawns — either by sprinkler or by handheld hose — on alternating days and between certain hours.
Residential addresses are allowed to water on the following days:
- Even-numbered addresses Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 4:00am to 9:00am.
- Odd-numbered addresses Thursday and Sunday mornings from 4:00am to 9:00am.
Non-residential addresses are allowed to water on the following days:
- Even-numbered addresses on Monday mornings from 1:00am to 6:00am.
- Odd-numbered addresses on Tuesday mornings from 1:00am to 6:00am.
- All non-residential addresses on Friday mornings 4:00am to 9:00am.
There are a few other restrictions in place for golf courses, cemetery lawn operators, and those with artificial turf. These are listed on the Metro Vancouver website.
Last modified: May 6, 2019