Thanksgiving was originally celebrated as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest.
So what better time to go pick yourself a pumpkin to carve for Halloween.
There are plenty of pumpkin patches around the Lower Mainland to choose from but here are three that are easy to get to if you’re short on time but still want to pick your perfect pumpkin.
The Pumpkin Patch at Southlands Farm
- When: All of October. Open from 9:00am to 6:00pm on weekdays and from 10:00am to 5:00pm on weekends.
- Where: 6767 Balaclava Street, Vancouver
- Cost: Admission by donation, $5 per pumpkin.
- Site: www.southlandsfarms.com
The Pumpkin Patch at Richmond Country Farms
- When: October 8th to 31st. Open from 9:00am to 1:30pm on weekdays and from 10:00am to 4:30pm on weekends.
- Where: 12900 Steveston Highway, Richmond
- Admission: $9 on weekdays & $12 on weekends and holidays. Includes pumpkin.
- Site: www.countrypumkinpatch.ca
Laity Pumpkin Patch
- When: All of October. Open from 1:30pm to 5:00pm on weekdays and from 9:30am to 5:00pm on weekends.
- Where: 1145 128th Avenue, Maple Ridge
- Cost: $5 for admission. Pumpkins are $2 and up based on size.
- Site: www.laitypumpkinpatch.com
Last modified: October 2, 2017