1) Brunch at Food Cart Fest. The smorgasbord of street food takes place Sundays through Sept. 22 between Olympic Village and Cambie Bridge.
2) Sip your way through a chauffeured Vancouver craft brewery tour. The craft beer scene in Vancouver got better over spring/summer 2013 with the opening of a handful of new brewpubs and breweries with tasting rooms. My favourite (at the moment) is 33 Acres at 15 West 8th Avenue. If you want to visit more than one at a time, without driving, sign up for a tour by companies such as Vancouver Brewery Tours and Wildside Vancouver Brew Tour. These also make great stag/hen dos.
3) Stroll Vancouver Chinatown Night Market. The last market of the season takes place this weekend.
4) Join the audience at Vancouver’s annual Fringe Festival September 5-15. Fringe is a celebration of theatre for everyone featuring more than 800 performances by 98 artists over 11 days. Many shows go down at Granville Island.
5) Get tix for Vancouver International Film Festival, September 26-October 11. Tickets go on sale today at noon and sell out fast. One of the largest film festivals in North America, VIFF brings Vancouver audiences a selection of some of the best films from around the globe. Join the audience to be entertained and get cultured.
Browse more Vancouver and Kitsilano community events.
Photo credit: Vancouver Brewery Tours
Last modified: September 5, 2013