This weekend Lululemon’s SeaWheeze half-marathon returns to Vancouver and it will cut through Kitsilano as it covers 21.1km of sea, sun and smiles wrapped up in a weekend of run, yoga and a party.
The SeaWheeze is a celebration of the local Vancouver community and the running community across the world. In only its second year, SeaWheeze sold out in just one month with 10,014 registered runners. Check out the fun that was had last year in the video below.
Here’s a breakdown of the SeaWheeze-related events on tap for this weekend:
Friday, August 9th:
– 8:00am – 9:00pm: Massive temporary lululemon store at the Vancouver Convention Centre will welcome 10,000 guests per day to shop for exclusive SeaWheeze product (also open all-day Saturday).
– 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Nooner outdoor yoga class at Jack Poole Plaza open to both runners and the community.
– 7:30pm – 8:30pm: Sunset yoga on Kits beach, available for race participants and the public.
Saturday, August 10 (race day):
– 7:00am – 12:00pm: Race starts at 7am. Start and finish line at West Cordova & Thurlow Street near Jack Poole Plaza.
– 7:00am – 11:00am: The cheer station located outside Lululemon offices at 1818 Cornwall Avenue in Kits offers face painting, music, free breakfast and family fun.
– 4:30pm – 10:30pm: SeaWheeze Sunset Festival at Brockton Oval in Stanley Park featuring sunset yoga with Ryan Leir and a live concert by Passenger and Xavier Rudd. Open to all race participants, volunteers, and community ticket holders.
Last modified: September 5, 2013