Christmas is a week away. It’s time to pick up those last few gifts for loved ones! Still short an idea or two? Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. Here are 15 last-minute Christmas gift ideas to inspire you. Of course, they’re all from shops in Kitsilano.
1. Urbanears headphones, Moule, 1994 West 4th Ave., (604) 732-4066, Moulestores.com
2. Malin + Goetz candles, Gravity Pope Tailored Goods, 2203 West 4th Ave., (604) 731 7647, Gravitypope.com
The Dark Rum candle has a rich and festive scent with notes of bergamot, plum, rum, leather and amber. Remember to save the glass to use as a flower jar or tumbler, $55.
3. Knitting Lessons, Wet Coast Wools, 2923 West 4th Ave., (604) 568-0011, Wetcoastwools.com
For the loved one who wants to learn to knit: three-session beginner knitting courses that teach you you how to cast-on, work knit and purl stitches, increase and decrease stitches, and cast-off, $80.
4. Balsam Handmade Charcoal Soap at Escents Aroma Therapy, 2202 West 4th. Ave. 604.730.9910, Escentaromatherapy.com
For him. Highly effective Bamboo Charcoal attracts dirt, toxins and excess oil leaving skin fresh, clean and clear. And it smells of Christmas-y frankincense, $7.
5. Avoca tea mugs, Oh My Gift, 2235 West 4th Ave., (604) 733-0008, Ohmygift.ca
As the name implies, Lynn Jacob’s store has no shortage of brilliant gift ideas. We fell for the Avoca tea crockery, from her native Ireland. Avoca’s been making homes beautiful since 1723.
6. Kale & Nori Bittered Sling Extracts, O5 Tea, 2208 West 4th Ave., (604) 558-0500, O5tea.com
Local catering company Kale & Nori tea has come up with a cocktail and culinary-friendly line of extracts. Our pick for the holidays is Denman – spicy with hints of citrus and anise. Add depth to holiday drinks or use for deglazing, $30.
7. 200 Merino Pocket Hat, Icebreaker Touchlab, 2089 W 4th Ave., (778) 329-2710, Icebreaker.com
A reversible co-ed beanie made with premium, breathable, non-itchy Merino. Good for city and slopes, $30.
8. Herschel Supply Co. Anchor Computer Sleeve, at Urban Outfitters, 2199 West 4th and Ray Rickburn, 2100 West 4th, Herschelsupply.com
A classic, Vancouver-made case, $35.
9. LPs, Zulu Records, 1972 West 4th Ave., 604-738-3232, Zulurecords.com
We hear these are all the rage for kids as young as 10. When did everyone become so cool? Use a very stretchy Christmas stocking. Or opt for other Zulu goodies such as cds and concert tickets. (Photo credit: Scout Magazine)
10. IS Staple Goggles, Boardroom, 1745 West 4th Ave., 1-800-316-7669, Boardroomshop.com
Low profile, stylish, 70’s inspired goggle frame. Small and versatile, these are a “team favourite” $89.
11. Bananagrams, Drexoll Games, 2880 W. 4th Ave., 604-733-6511, Drexollgames.com
Amped-up Scrabble without the board. So fast you won’t be bored. Get involved! $22
12. Preloved mittens and bags, Leo Boutique, 2072 West 4th Ave., Leoboutique.com
Cozy and distinctive winter accessories for her.
13. Windriver T-Max Heat Socks, Mark’s Warehouse, 1885 West 4th Ave., (604) 736-2678, Marks.com
The warmest socks we’ve ever donned. There’s a ladies’ version too. $10.
14. Let the Good Times Roll Face Wash, Lush, 2248 West 4th, (604) 733-5874, Lush.ca
Vegan face wash that exfoliates with a super delicate polenta grain and leaves the lingering aroma of cinnamon popcorn. Perfect for getting rid of the dry skin that afflicts us all in winter, $13.
15. Everything at Paboom Holiday Pop-up, 2028 West 4th Ave., Paboompopup.tumbler.com
An entire store of gift-a-ble goodness. Moon Raven jewelry, Fox & Brie ties, Baggu accessories, attractive gizmos, creative gadgets… (Photo credit: Georgia Straight)
Last modified: December 17, 2012