WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN KITS
1) Catch a show at the Kitsilano Showboat. They’ve got live music, dancing, storytellers, clowns and cake on Canada Day. See the schedule here.
2) Get 20% off all Gravity Pope purchases until July 8. Woo hoo! They’re 22.
3) Take advantage of free admission in honour of Canada Day at the Vanier Park learning centres: Museum of Vancouver and Vancouver Maritime Museum. Find out more about their exhibitions here.
4) Swing by the Canada Day party at Granville Island. The organizers are pretty confident they throw the best fest in town. The day promises free jazz performances courtesy of Coastal Jazz and Blues Society, face painting, roving characters, ballet by False Creek Ferries, temporary tattoos, a parade with stilt walkers and lion dancers, a bouncy castle, a pancake breakfast, The Great Canadian Barbecue, a pie fiesta and more…
5) Peep the Burrard Inlet Fireworks Show. At 10:30pm on July 1, festive pyrotechnics will light up the sky. The show is launched from two barges near Canada Place and Dundarave in West Vancouver. Barge two is visible from Kitsilano Beach Park, Jericho and the UBC area. Don’t forget to tune into the live simulcast by Shore104.3 FM.
Last modified: June 29, 2012
There’s also the 30th anniversary Walk For Peace leaving from Kits beach on Saturday at noon.
i think ill take #5 i love to see the fireworks really makes it feel like summer