KITSILANO WEEKEND EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
1) Check out Record Store Day at Zulu: Saturday, April 21
Zulu Records (1972 West 4th Ave) will host a special listening session of a vinyl test pressing of Jack White‘s new album Blunderbuss, as well as live performances by Hannah Georgas, Damien Jurado, Siskiyou and Vancouver blues-rock buzz band No Sinner. Zulu has extended hours from 9:30am to 9pm, and will serve a special brew made just for Zulu’s RSD party by R’N’B Beer.
2) Trade in your household cleaners for free, natural products: Saturday, April 21
Get ready for Earth Day by swapping your harsh household cleaners for eco-friendly versions at Whole Foods from 1pm to 3pm.
3) Enjoy the cherry blossoms while they last: 1pm to 3pm
Kitsilano, particularly Kits Beach, the area around the Museum of Vancouver and Yew Street are all pretty in pink during cherry blossom season, which extends through April and a bit of May, if we’re lucky. Hit a cafe or pack a picnic; enjoy the frills with family and friends.
4) Book some patio dining/drinking: Saturday and Sunday, all day
At least one of the two weekend days promises to be sunny, marking the arrival of patio season. Grab real estate on your favourite patio (LOCAL Public Eatery, for example, has unbeatable people watching potential) and settle in.
5) Browse the Nicole Bridger SS 2012 “Allowing Grace” collection: Saturday and Sunday, retail hours
Nicole Bridger, one of city’s best fashion designers and the best eco designer bar none, chose Kitsilano’s West 4th Ave. when she launched her first boutique last year. We hear the Spring/Summer 2012 collection “Allowing Grace” just arrived in the store, and has the best of Nicole’s award-winning style: seamless designs, feminine silhouettes, breezy dresses and sophisticated separates.
6) Help out at the Surfrider Earth Day beach clean up: Sunday, April 22
Last modified: May 4, 2012