Get your snack on. We’ve rounded up game day nosh options for the grill-happy, the health-minded, the lazy and more. Go Canucks!
1) “The greatest invention in grilling is the lid,” David Joachim, co-author of Fire It Up! More than 400 Recipes for Grilling Everything, told the Vancouver Sun. Try his recipe for Grilled Espresso Brisket.
2) According to this spot on City TV, many of us annihilate our diets during game snacking. Nutritionist Alyssa Bauman suggests trying Popchips with healthy dip like this Southwestern bean dip or taco-stand-caliber guacamole. She’s also into easy-to-make spicy tamari nuts.
3) Rob Feenie says hockey goes with spicy pizza. Here’s his recipe for Game Night Italian Sausage and Mascarpone Pizza.
4) If you’re into poutine, but wiped out after a day at the office, Romer’s Burger Bar on W. 4th has a great Grab ‘n’ Go menu. The fresh-cut, double-cooked fries are available with classic poutine, braised short rib poutine or in super-posh style, with truffle oil and reggiano.
5) You can’t go wrong with burgers. Capers Community Market ups the ante with this great recipe for Gorgonzola and Sun-dried Tomato Bison burgers.
6) Chambar chef Nico Schuermans told the Sun that he advises staying out of the kitchen on game day. He’s a fan of cheese plates with local options like Moonstruck’s Beddis Blue cheese.
Last modified: June 8, 2011
This really is a superb post. Thank you for taking a few minutes to summarize this all out for us. It really is a great guide!
Happy to, Tayna. Glad you liked it! And we actually get a Game 7 for more snack testing. What else would you like to see posts about?