This Saturday, May 7th from 11:00am to 3:00pm the city’s top chefs will prepare Canada’s largest Spot Prawn boil at False Creek’s Fishermen’s Wharf (just west of Granville Island).
The festival kicks off the BC Spot Prawn season, which continues on for 6-8 weeks. During this time, you’ll have the opportunity to buy live, locally sourced, and sustainable prawns as the festival makes fresh, right off the boat, local sustainable Spot Prawns available for hundreds to taste. On Saturday get inspired by chef cooking demos and grab your own bagful right off the fishing boats ($12 per lb) to recreate these dishes at home.
Tickets for the Spot Prawn Boil are $10 each which gets you:
- Entrance into the food, wine, and beer tent
- One plate of fresh-off-the-boat BC Spot Prawns, accompanied by sides, sauces and Terra Breads baked goods to mop it all up!
- Sampling of Neck of the Woods Winery and Backyard Vineyards wines
- Sampling of R & B Brewing craft beers
- Sampling of farm-direct and family traded Mogiana coffee
Skip the line-up on Saturday and buy your tickets online in advance now.
Last modified: May 10, 2011