The Kitsilano Chamber of Commerce‘s 7th Annual Westside Business Awards were held on November 18th at the University Golf Club. A record number of nominations (including one for Kitsilano.ca for the Community Spirit Award) were received this year and divided into seven categories, with a new category of “Green Business of the Year” added to this year’s awards.
From the nominations a Chamber committee put forward three finalists of each category, selected as being “most deserving” and the winners were:
- Community Spirit: Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Retailer of the Year: Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Restaurant of the Year: Bistro Pastis
- Business Person of the Year: Pamela Chatry
- Business of the Year: Nurse Next Door
- New Entrepreneur of the Year: Greens Organic + Natural Market
- Green Business of the Year: Rocky Mountain Flatbread Company
Congrats to all the finalists and the winners!
Last modified: November 22, 2010