The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada invite you and your family to join them for a traditional Scottish festival or “Ceilidh” on Saturday, May 29th from 2:00pm to 8:00pm at the Seaforth Armoury located at 1650 Burrard Street.
If you have always wondered what might be behind the Burrard Street Armoury doors, this is your opportunity to visit the Seaforth home and participate in a family friendly Ceilidh. The Seaforths will also welcome home 20 soldiers that are returning from Afghanistan, as part of the celebrations, with an official parade.
The Ceilidh will offer activities for all to enjoy:
- Welcoming home parade and official thank you for the Seaforth troops of Task Force 3-09 returning from Afghanistan – starting at 2:15 pm
- Pipe and Drum performances by; The Seaforth Highlanders Pipe and Drum; Vancouver Police Pipe Band; RCMP Pipe Band; Delta Police Pipe Band; and The Band of the15th Field Regiment RCA
- Clarion Celtic Dancers and the Scottish Country Dancers performances
- Highland games such as a mini caber toss, weight carrying and tug â€˜o wars
- Rob Stuart & The Mad Celts Scottish folk band
- Canadian Forces vehicles displays
- Tours of the Regimental Museum and Archives – an official Canadian Forces Museum
- Scottish delicacies for purchase and beer gardens
Admission is free however donations will be accepted for The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Foundation. Plenty of parking available behind the Armouries off of First Avenue.
Last modified: May 23, 2010