Kitsilano.ca would like to enter the Canadian Internet Registration Authority’s Showusyour.ca contest but we have no video skills and we need someone to give us a hand. In order to enter the contest we need to submit a video entry that tells the world that our .CA domain name is epic and that we’d be lost without it.
Here are CIRA’s rules for the video entry:
- be no longer than 180 seconds in length;
- in its entirety, be a single, previously unpublished, work of original material produced by the entrant for this Contest;
- contain content that only promotes the products or services offered by the Sponsor or the Entrant, and not include brand names, logos or trademarks of others;
- not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity and/or intellectual property rights;
- not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that is inappropriate, unlawful, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Sounds pretty simple and they’re aren’t many entries yet, so our odds are good. If you’ve got some creative ideas and the skills to turn them in a video entry for Kitsilano.ca, read more about the contest and then send us a note telling us about your idea for the video. We’ll give you instant feedback so that you can get started on the video project right away.
This contest includes some wicked prizes but we’re only interested in the advertising promotion opportunity with CIRA – so if your video submission results in Kitsilano.ca winning one of the top three “physical” prizes, it’s yours:
- Grand Prize: One Apple MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo notebook computer (model # MB985LL/A). Approximate retail value – $2,099.00
- First Runner Up Prize: One Apple iPod touch 64GB (model # MC011C/A). Approximate retail value – $429.00
- Second Runner Up Prize: One Flip UltraHD camcorder (model # U2120B-CA). Approximate retail value – $249.99
The contest closes on March 15 at 11:59pm EST, so you don’t have a lot of time to get this done.
Last modified: March 10, 2010