Artistic Director Christopher Gaze is pleased to announce that Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival’s 20th Anniversary season will run May 28 to September 26, 2009 under the familiar red & white tents in Kitsilano’s Vanier Park.
Run dates and Special Events are as follows:
- Othello: May 28th to September 25th (Mainstage tent)
- The Comedy of Errors: June 10th to September 26th (Mainstage tent)
- All’s Well That Ends Well: June 25th to September 19th (Studio Stage tent)
- Richard II: July 8th to September 18th (Studio Stage tent)
- Bard Expanded: Lecture Series – SFU’s Dr. Paul Budra gives insight into this year’s plays. June 14th, July 5th, 19th, 26th
- Celebrating Red & White: Play plus Wine Tasting either before or after the show: August 15th
- Opera & Arias: CosÃ¬ fan tuttÃ© – Members of Vancouver Opera Orchestra & UBC Opera Ensemble: Aug. 31st, Sept. 7th & 8th
Bard on the Beach is Western Canada’s largest professional Shakespeare company. The productions are staged in open-ended tents on the waterfront against a spectacular backdrop of mountains, sea and sky.
Performances run Tuesdays through Sundays. Evening curtain is at 8:00 pm, except Sunday evenings and in September when it is 7:00 pm. Matinees are scheduled on selected weekends and weekdays. Play ticket prices are $34.00 (evenings) and $18.00 to $28.50 (previews & matinees) including taxes. Tickets go on sale March 16. Advance booking is recommended as many performances sell out in advance.
For more information and tickets, call 604-739-0559 or toll free at 1-877-739-0559, or order on-line through the website.
Last modified: April 6, 2009