Time for another round-up post of places opening and closing, this time along West Broadway. Going along Broadway from East to West, here are some recent and not so recent developments:
- Looks like the work on CaffÃ¨ Vergnano 1882 (West Broadway @ Trafalgar) can finally begin, as the permit approval was posted on the door the other day.
- Small, and probably often overlooked, clothing store Halo Boutique (2693 West Broadway @ Stephens) recently closed its doors.
- New to the neighbourhood is Wish.List, a small and charming gift store (2811 West Broadway @ MacDonald). Check out ModernMix for a nice review.
- Well, a clothing store did open up in the location that had the “JC Combo’s: Coming August 2008â€³ sign up for the longest time (2821 West Broadway @ MacDonald). The place is called Ingenue and Sweetspot.ca tells us they specialize in local designers. No idea whether or not this is still related to that first JC Combo’s poster.
- Luna Winters (3073 West Broadway @ Balaclava), the eclectic kids store, is no more. A little sad, as eclectic can be nice at times.
- Mainly Modish (3175 West Broadway @ Trutch) opened up a LONG time ago, but just never got around to posting on it. They sell rather funky looking baby wear, toddler apparel, and pre-teen fashion.
I have purposefully omited a couple of other West Broadway developments, I will save those for a future post or two.
Last modified: December 30, 2010