Many of us retired folk travel to faraway lands, especially on these cold, dreary winter days. And some of us would just like to stay put and enjoy our neighbourhood.
Do you know of all the great discounts and bargains we can receive? I will mention a few below and you can let us know of others you have discovered.
BC residents 65 or over do not pay application, tuition or student fees. You can take most of the undergraduate courses and sit beside 20-year-olds. And you don’t have to write exams. I have taken many courses and particularly like to learn about the history of countries before I travel.
- 2110 Burrard Street, 604-734-7469
- Ticket price can be $8.50 on Tuesdays.
- 2690 Larch Street, 604-257-6976
- Seniors may receive a 25% discount on adult programs.
- 1501 West Broadway, near Granville, 604-733-2281
- 15% discount off Murchie’s branded products on the 1st Wednesday of every month.
- 1100 Chestnut Street, 604-736-4431
- $5.00 admission for 65+ 1st Tuesday of every month.
- 2957 West Broadway, 604-564-3331 – 20% off every day on selected items
- 2025 West Broadway, 604-737-2025 – 20% off every Wednesday on selected items
- 1906 West 4th Avenue, 604-737-2444
- 2714 West Broadway, 604-734-1821
- 10% off every day
- 2302 West 4th Avenue at Vine, 604-738-3138
- 3020 West Broadway near Carnarvon, 604-733-9128
- 1780 West Broadway near Burrard, 604-736-6006
- 20% discount off regular priced items with PC Optimum Card on Seniors Day every Thursday.
- 2518 West Broadway, 604-731-2434
- FOUNDERS MENU – ask your server for this menu
EXCLUSIVE for seniors
3875 Point Grey Road, 604-228-1461
- Where Seniors Stay Young – a seniors’ activity centre, offering a variety of high-quality programs, events and activities
- $60 annual membership fee
JUST ASK – If you ask our friendly stores, cafes, or services for a seniors discount, you may be surprised at what you will get!
Last modified: March 7, 2019