With heavy snowfall forecasted for Vancouver’s local mountains it’s time to gear up for the ski, snowboard, and snowshoeing season.
Here are 7 shops in Kitsilano to source all your ski, snowboard, and snowshoeing gear.
1. Pacific Boarder – 1793 West 4th Avenue, 604-734-7245, PacificBoarder.com
With the largest snowboard wall in Vancouver, Pacific Boarder is the place for riders. Check out their boxing week sale which includes jackets, snowboard pants, gloves, mittens, and backpacks.
2. Atmosphere – 1625 Chestnut Street, 604-731-6181, Atmosphere.ca
Sister brand to Sport Chek and formerly known as Coast Mountain Sports, Atmosphere is large and often empty store but has everything for the outdoors along with excellent customer service and frequent sales.
3. The North Face Store – 2136 West 4th Avenue, 604-677-6269, TheNorthFaceVancouver.ca
Find cold-evading jackets here, a good selection for tots too, plus durable backpacks, waterproof boots, and tents for winter camping.
4. Comor Sports – 1766 West 4th Avenue, 604-736-7547, ComorSports.com
Open since the 70s, Comor Sports’ staff are experts in outdoor gear. They have up to 40% off 2017 ski gear at the moment, and a wide selection of the latest 2018 snowboards and boots in stock.
5. The Boardroom – 1755 West 4th Avenue, 604-734-7669, BoardroomShop.com
Just like the others on this iconic sports shop block, The Boardroom has been around for a few decades. They also have tuning and repair for your gear on site.
6. West Coast Sports – 1675 West 4th Avenue, 604-732-4810, WestCoastSports.ca
These guys have the usual gear for the slopes for sale. You can also rent a package that includes skis/snowboard and boots for $30/day.
7. Sigge’s Sports Villa – 2077 West 4th Avenue, 604-731-8818, Sigges.com
Founded in 1971, Sigge’s is a family owned and operated specialty cross-country ski store which is open seasonally from September 1 to April 30.
Last modified: March 16, 2018