It’s the season for picnics here in Kitsilano, even if the weather forecast for this weekend looks a little rainy. What better way to spend a (hopefully) sunny day then at one of our lovely neighbourhood beaches and parks. Here’s what you’ll need to make that day as perfect as possible.
How To Have the Perfect Picnic in Kitsilano
1. Food & Drink
Stuff a basket or bag with these delicious goodies found at local Kitsilano shops: Several types of cheeses (Les Amis Du Fromage – ask for the Brown Bag selection if you can’t make up your mind), spicy salami (Jackson’s Meat), a fresh baguette (Terra Breads), sweet berries & grapes (Whole Foods), chocolate pastries (Thomas Haas), cold-pressed juice (Krokodile Pear), and some bottled water from home.
Be prepared for the weather with these smart picnic supplies: A large waterproof outdoor blanket (TJs Kids), a parasol or umbrella (London Drugs), a cooler and some comfortable outdoor cushions (Home Hardware), plus cutlery, cups, a chopping board, and napkins from home.
3. Best Picnic Spots in Kitsilano Intel
– Vanier Park, anywhere really, just away from the Canada goose poop.
– Kitsilano Beach, that quiet little patch of grass between the Kitsilano Yacht Club and the Kitsilano Pool.
– Connaught Park, either close to the kids playground or far from it, depending on your needs.
– Volunteer Park, by the small and secluded pebble beach below.
Last modified: May 21, 2015