Metro Vancouver water restrictions come into effect on May 1st with new residential limits on lawn watering.
As part of Stage 1 of the water restrictions, residents are only allowed to water the lawns — either by sprinkler or by handheld hose — on Saturday or Sunday.
Residential lawn watering allowed:
Even-numbered addresses: Saturdays
Odd-numbered addresses: Sundays
- Automatic watering: 5am – 7am
- Manual watering: 6am – 9am
Non-residential lawn watering allowed:
Even-numbered addresses: Mondays
Odd-numbered addresses: Tuesdays
- Automatic watering: 4 am – 6 am
- Manual watering: 6 am – 9 am
Watering trees, shrubs, and flowers allowed:
Any day from 4 am – 9 am if using a sprinkler (or any time if hand watering or using drip irrigation).
- All hoses must have an automatic shut-off device.
- Edible plants are exempt from regulations.
Check out the complete regulations online here.
Last modified: May 6, 2022