Greek Day on Broadway is the largest one day Greek festival in Vancouver and the grand finale event in a month long Greek Heritage Festival.
Presented by the Hellenic Canadian Congress of BC, Greek Day on Broadway is taking place on Sunday June 24th from 11am – 9pm.
During Greek Day a five block stretch of West Broadway measuring almost a kilometer, from MacDonald to Blenheim, is closed off to traffic to make room for a world of delicious Greek food and drink, market vendors, entertainment, and live music offering a laid back yet lively Greek atmosphere.
Event Highlights include:
- Opening Ceremony – a formal welcome takes place on the Main Stage at 2pm.
- Main Stage – enjoy all day performances with local Greek dance groups.
- Folk Stage – listen to the sounds of Greece and other musical entertainment.
- Cooking Demo – learn to cook amazing Greek eats from the 3 Greek Sisters.
- Kids Zone – featuring face painting, bouncers, balloon twisting and carnival games.
- Hellenic Experience Areas – immerse yourself in various aspects of Greek culture.
- Athenian Agora Marketplace – shop for treasures and souvenirs to take home.
- Food vendors – try to resist delicious souvlaki, spanakopita, loukoumades & more.s!
Attendance to this award-winning, all ages festival is free.
Last modified: June 22, 2018