The Georgia Straight’s 2017 Golden Plates winners have been announced.
The 20th annual list includes Metro Vancouver’s favourite restaurants as ranked by their readers and Kitsilano has been named the second best neighbourhood for restaurants, behind Gastown.
While Kitsilano eateries ranked well across all categories, here are the ones where a Kits establishment took the top spot.
- Best Mexican: Las Margaritas | 1999 West 4th Avenue, 604-734-7117, www.lasmargaritas.com
- Best Thai: Maenam | 1938 West 4th Avenue, 604-730-5579, www.maenam.ca
- Best salads: Tractor Everyday Healthy Foods | 1903 West 4th Avenue, www.tractorfoods.com
- Best burger: Romer’s Burger Bar | 1873 West 4th Avenue, 604-732-9545, www.romersburgerbar.com
- Best bread bakery: Terra Breads | 2380 West 4th Avenue, 604-736-1838, www.terrabreads.com
- Best pastry bakery: Beaucoup Bakery | 2150 Fir Street, 604-732-4222, www.beaucoupbakery.com
- Best doughnut shop: Cartems Donuterie | 3040 West Broadway, 604-428-6372, www.cartems.com
- Best desserts: Thomas Haas | 2539 West Broadway, 604-736-1848, www.romersburgerbar.com
- Best restaurant considered a Vancouver icon: Bishop’s | 2183 West 4th Ave., 604-738-2025, www.bishopsonline.com
- Best coffee shop (local chain): 49th Parallel | 2198 West 4th Avenue, 604-420-4901, www.49thcoffee.com
- Most vegan-friendly: The Naam | 2724 West 4th Avenue, 604-738-7151, www.thenaam.com
- Best French: Bistro Pastis | 2153 West 4th Avenue, 604-731-5020, www.bistropastis.com
- Best chocolate shop: Chocolate Arts | 1620 West 3rd Ave, 604-739-0475, www.chocolatearts.com
Last modified: June 20, 2020