British Columbia knows apples. Every year the province grows 25 percent of Canada’s apples in over 200 varieties. Stats are no fun unless you get to taste. The annual UBC Apple Festival October 19-20 at UBC Botanical Garden offers families the chance to do that and more.
The UBC Apple Festival is one of the most eagerly-anticipated Vancouver harvest events. The family-friendly schedule features fun activities such as:
5 Activities and Events at UBC Apple Festival
1) An apple tasting tent with over 60 varieties of new and heritage apples grown in BC
2) A Children’s Area with stations for crafts, face painting, games and story telling
3) Longest Apple Peel Contest
4) Main Stage with ongoing live entertainment
5) A Food Fair with tasty edibles such as apple pie and hot apple cider
The event runs 11am to 4pm Saturday, October 19 and Sunday October 20. It’s $4 to get in; kids 12 and under are free. Food costs extra. But how can your resist a mug of warm cider? A Bike Valet will be available at the main entrance and there is a free shuttle bus from the UBC Campus West Parkade. Dogs are not permitted in the UBC Botanical Garden.
Stay tuned for our post on the best u-pick apple orchards and pumpkin patches in Greater Vancouver.
Photo credit: Jennifer Hamilton
Last modified: September 24, 2013