WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND IN KITS
1) Don a costume for the Dapper and Flapper formal at Museum of Vancouver, June 8. MOV transforms into a hotsy-totsy, musical, raz-taz juice joint on Friday. Don a vintage get up and toast the Art Deco style of the inter-war period. Performers will treat guests to 1920s clickety clack dance attacks and live music.
2) Have a lazy weekend coffee at the Culprit Cafe. The newcomer at 2028 Vine Street serves their own fresh-baked muffins and cookies alongside Victoria-roasted Fernwood brew. Salad and sandwiches are available now too. Think turkey-pesto-swiss with tomato and arugula, or hickory salami with Dijon mayo, cheddar, tomato and spinach. They’re happy to substitute egg in for vegetarians.
3) Get tix to Fable’s charity Top Chef Canada Season Finale Dinner, June 9. Fable’s Trevor Bird, who lost in the final round of Top Chef Season 2 on Monday, is recreating the meal for dinner guests on Saturday. Menu details are here. Tix are $150 and proceeds go to Take A Hike Foundation. Contact kathy@fablekitchen for tickets.
4) Go see The Taming of the Shrew at Bard on the Beach. Shakespeare’s romantic romp shines a comic spotlight on the pleasures and perils of the search for the perfect mate. Details you’ll need: the Bard site is open 60 minutes before curtain. The concession at Bard Village offers nibbles (light snacks, popcorn, candy/cookies). The bar serves red and white wine, plus draft beer.
5) Sunday lunch at UBC’s farm to table Joy of Feeding, June 10. The foodie fun continues at the gorgeous UBC farm this Sunday when 16 chefs will cook up culturally diverse comfort foods (fry bread, Yorkshire pudding and sausage, corn tomalitos, lamb vindaloo and more) at the farm’s annual fundraiser. Tix are $50. Kids under 13 are free.
Last modified: June 8, 2012