Seared sablefish with spiced tomato broth, winter greens and caraway crostini from Oakwood
Everybody likes to eat. That’s why, on our final day of *peppering* you with last-minute holiday gift ideas, I urge you to consider the restaurant gift card. The perks? It’s more personal than a gift card to Amazon because it results in convivial group dining. The person upon whom you bestow this foodie bounty may even take you along. Plus, the local restaurant gift card is, as I just said, local. All the restaurants featured in our Local Profile list make the most of BC ingredients.
Kitsilano.ca’s Local Profile members all offer gift cards. Here are five good options for crowd-pleasing neighbourhood eats. They range from hip beach front bar, to posh waterfront dining room, cool Canadian bistro, upscale authentic Italian and innovative Japanese small dishes.
Five local gift ideas for foodies
1) Local Public Eatery: Hip, beach-front pub
2) The Boathouse: Posh, but affordable, waterfront dining room
3) The Oakwood: Cool, Canadian bistro
4) BiBo Restaurant: Upscale, authentic Italian + wood-fired pizza
5) Hapa-Izakaya: Innovative, Japanese small dishes
Last modified: December 28, 2011