Kitsilano can be described as Vancouver’s trendy beach community. This densely populated neighbourhood is especially popular with the younger generation for it’s combination of relatively affordable rental housing (for Vancouver) as well as it’s close proximity to both the beach and the downtown core. The area also contains many well preserved homes, some dating back to the turn the of the century.
Both Broadway Street and West 4th provide residents with a wide range of shops, cafes, restaurants, and pubs. Closer to Kits beach, the area between Cornwall and York Avenue, along Yew Street, is also home to some great neighbourhood establishments.
- Dan Japanese Restaurant Bar | 2511 West Broadway | 604-677-6930
- Hapa Izakaya | 1516 Yew Street | 604-738-4272
- Hitoe Sushi | 3347 West 4th Avenue | 604-371-4619
- Kibune Sushi | 1508 Yew Street | 604-731-4482
- Kishu Star | 1935 West 4th Avenue | 604-736-8819
- Mazuya Sushi | 2355 Burrard Street | 604-733-3838
- Octopus’ Garden | 1995 Cornwall Avenue | 604-734-8971
- Temaki Sushi | 2156 West Broadway | 604-738-4321
- Zest Japanese Cuisine | 2775 West 16th Avenue | 604-731-9378
If we’re missing one of your favorite Japanese restaurants in Kits, please fill out this form and we’ll be sure to add it.