Despite one of the wettest springs in recent memory, Metro Vancouver water restrictions come into effect today with new residential limits on lawn watering.
Starting May 15, the Metro Vancouver is implementing Stage 1 of its Water Shortage Response Plan. It is expected to last until October 15.
As part of Stage 1 of the water restrictions, residents are only allowed to water the lawns — either by sprinkler or by handheld hose — on alternating days and between certain hours.
Residential addresses are allowed to water on the following days:
- Even-numbered addresses Monday, Wednesday, Saturday mornings 4:00am to 9:00am.
- Odd-numbered addresses Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday mornings 4:00am to 9:00am.
Non-residential addresses are allowed to water on the following days:
- Even-numbered addresses on Monday, Wednesday mornings 1:00am to 6:00am.
- Odd-numbered addresses on Tuesday, Thursday mornings 1:00am to 6:00am.
- All non-residential addresses on Friday mornings 4:00am to 9:00am.
There are a few other restrictions in place for golf courses, cemetery lawn operators, and those with artificial turf. These are listed on the Metro Vancouver website.
Last modified: May 15, 2017