Microbreweries have really grown in popularity over the last few years. This week you can experience thirty of BC’s microbreweries as Vancouver’s Craft Beer Week kicked off on Friday, May 18. Lucky for us, some of the best events are happening right here in Kits and at Granville Island. Neighbourhood events include:
1. Central City Brewing Brewmasters Lunch takes place Saturday, May 19 from 1-4 at Darby’s Pub. With an eat and drink local theme, tickets for this three course lunch are $35.
2. Parallel 49 Launch Party takes place Monday, May 21 from 5-closing. To celebrate Hell’s Kitchen is hosting their launch party, letting them take over the taps and showcase what it is that makes them so special. No reservations required. First come first served.
3. Dockside Cask & BBQ Party takes place Wednesday, May 23rd from 6-9pm. For $20 you can enjoy two beers poured up by brewmaster Mark Simpson and a meal off the BBQ while sitting on one of Vancouver’s best patios.
4. R&B 6 Course Culinary Adventure takes place Sunday, May 20th from 7-11pm at Kitsilano Daily Kitchen. At $65 a person, this interactive six course dinner is sure to be a highlight of the week.
5. Craft Beer Fantasy Draught takes place Thursday, May 24th from 7-9pm at The Bimini Public House. Inspired by the fantasy football draft, this event will feature a board with 24 random draughts to choose from. Tickets are $25 and include four rounds of selections.
6. Granville Island Brewmaster’s Dinner takes place Tuesday, May 22nd from 6:30-closing at Granville Island Brewery. For $60 learn the basics of food and beer pairing while enjoying a four course dinner in a local microbrewery.
For more information and other events, check out: Vancouvercraftbeerweek.com